Don’t miss out on the photos from yesterday’s Manhattanhenge! Twice a year, the setting sun in New York City aligns perfectly with Manhattan’s east-west street grid. This phenomenon makes for the perfect chance to snap photos of the sun setting between the skyscrapers of Manhattan.
The World’s Most Beautiful Libraries
“Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.” -Ray Bradbury
For centuries, books have housed the collective knowledge of the world and formed the foundations of educational institutions. Given that these objects that contain such value, it only makes sense that throughout history people have constructed beautiful buildings to house them.
We put together a list of some of the most beautiful libraries as captured by Instagrammers around the world. For more photos from these architectural wonders, check out their linked location pages below.
- Stuttgart City Library, Stuttgart, Germany
- Trinity College Library, Dublin, Ireland
- Library of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
- Real Gabinete Português de Leitura, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
- The Royal Danish Library, Copenhagen, Denmark
- George Peabody Library, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Kanazawa Umimirai Library, Kanazawa City, Japan
- New York Public Library, New York City, NY
The Pantone Hotel in Brussels, Belgium was designed by architect Olivier Hannaert, while the colorful and flashy decor was by interior designer Michel Penneman. Each floor was decorated using different color palettes, and the hotel features some great colorful details. Delightful!
via Bless This Stuff